All about Allergies
Allergies are caused by the body releasing histamine when it reacts to allergy triggers.
Steps For Relief
- Reduce exposure to your allergy triggers
- Relieve your symptoms with an anti-histamine (speak with your Megacare Pharmacist for allergy relief product recommendations
- A sinus rinse for volume therapy, saline nasal irrigation, moisturization and daily nasal hygiene.
Beyond Sniffles: Signs of Allergy in Kids
Kids are always catching something, but if your child has a constant stuffy or runny nose, it could be allergies. You can also keep an eye out for the following signs of allergy, and talk to your doctor if you notice any of them:
- Mouth breathing
- Dark circles under the eyes, or what’s called an “allergic shiner”
- A habit of rubbing their nose upwards in response to itchiness, also known as the “allergic salute”